The garden will have 28 plots to rent, ranging from about 50 square feet up to 200 square feet. The cost to rent a plot is still being figured out; once we know more about the operational costs (especially the cost of the lease), we will set the fee. We expect it to be in the range of $30 for a small plot and $60 for a large plot. The garden will also have four plots where volunteers will grow crops to harvest for donation.
We have commitments for two major donations:
- Wichita Sanitary Service is donating the pick up of a can of weekly plant debris from the garden. This generous donation will help our gardeners by limiting the amount of debris they will need to haul to their homes for disposal.
- Landscape East & West is donating the materials for getting water to all of the plots (pipe, hose bibs, back flow prevention, etc.) AND they have some employees who are willing to donate their time to help us install the pipes! Our garden volunteers really appreciate the help Landscape East and West's of highly skilled labor.
- Water meter installation
- Chain link fence and gates
- Lumber (preferably cedar or juniper)
- Tools (heavy duty, professional quality shovels etc.)
- Hoses and nozzles
- Mulch & Compost
- Tilling, or rental of tillers (North Clackamas Parks will do the initial tilling for us, but we will need to till amendments into all of the planting beds)
- Refreshments for volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to help build the garden. If you are able to help, please let us know! Call Sarah Smith: 503-653-0015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Here are a few tasks we will need help with:
- Tilling and grading
- Staking off planting beds and paths
- Edging beds
- Moving compost
- Building paths
- Installing water lines
- Building fence
- Planting community beds