Join Sarah Smith (The Gardensmith Landscape Design and Campbell Garden director) at a winter growing class, this Sunday, October 19th, at 2pm
At the class you will learn what has and has not worked for us in our Milwaukie area garden, how to build a simple, inexpensive, cover to protect plants through at least the milder parts of winter, and how to get a jump on spring growing. The class will include handouts and a tour of the garden.
|The Campbell Garden, Winter 2013. Soon after this snow storm, we harvested kale, chard, and lettuce!|
Winter Growing Class
- Sunday October 19th
- 2pm to 3pm, (Stay after to help plant kale in our Harvest Sharing Garden)
- At the Campbell Community Garden (park at SE 47th & Adams Street and walk down the alley)
- This class will be held rain or shine -winter gardening can be wet!
- If you want to sit, please bring a folding chair.
- Free with a suggested donation of one packet of seeds (radish, carrot, and cilantro seeds are most needed), or a roll of Velcro plant tie, jute twine, or blank plant tags, or a jar of peanut butter for our neighborhood food drive.
RSVP's are requested, please click here to fill out our RSVP form.
Questions? call Sarah Smith 503-653-0015